Color is another important facet of your site that you’ll want to consider carefully – both in how colors are perceived overall and – more importantly – how they resonate with you. And – this is important – when you love the color palette you’ve chosen, you’ll want people to see it.
Color meanings from the “Ultimate Non-Designers Guide to Branding” (blog article, link broken so we can’t attribute)
- White: Clean. Pure. Clarity. Simplicity. Innocent. Silent. Airy.
- Black: Mystery. Powerful. Dramatic. Elegant. Expensive. Strength.
- Red: Excitement. Energy. Danger. Sexy. Aggressive. Hot. Stimulating.
- Pink: Romantic. Soft. Tender. Cute. Delicate (Light Pinks) Exciting. Happy. Youthful. Spirited. Trendy. (Bright Pinks)
- Orange: Playful. Happy. Gregarious. Childlike. Vibrant. Whimsical. Friendly.
- Yellow: Warmth. Enlightenment. Cheerful. Mellow. Alert. Rich. Comforting.
- Brown: Stability. Earthly. Wholesome. Organic. Masculine. Woodsy. Warm. Durable.
- Blue: Trustworthy. Reliable. Committed. Confident. Calming. Serene.
- Green: Nature. Healing. Refreshing. Prestige. Healthy. Quiet. Traditional.
- Purple: Creative. Spiritual. Sensual. Sophistication. Royalty.
- Neutrals: Timeless. Solid. Enduring. Quality.
Color Scheme Resources:
Great Free Graphics Resources:
Photoshop Tricks You Can Do Without Buying Photoshop
GIMP Image Manipulation Progam (free)
Inkscape Open Source vector graphics editor (free)
Fotor Online Photo Editing (free)
Our Stock Image Site Recommendations: